This memo board is easy to make and edgy all at the same time, perfect for your friends with Anthropologie taste. The crowning touch on this memo board are the two wire wrapped assemblages, setting it apart from just any purchased gift. Inspired by a class I took from Jen Cushman, these wire wrapped "branches" incorporate several Connie Crystal beads as well as hanging crystals as "jewelry" for an otherwise "papercrafty" board.
Here's how to create this memo board:
1. Apply cream color acrylic paint to a piece of 8x10 Zutter Clipboard Wood (or mdf).
2. Tear pages from a vintage book and decoupage them onto the wood,using the paint as "adhesive". Paint over the top of the pages to disguise the words on the pages.
3. Adhere a doily, washi tape, and other collage elements (tags, punchies, flowers) to the piece as desired.
4. Hammer flat the ends of four pieces of heavy gauge wire, about 2.5" to 4" long each.
5. Hammer several pieces of light gauge wire, about 12" to 18" long each. Wrap the lighter gauge wire around the heavier gauge wire, alternating between tight wrapping and loose wrapping (to form loop). Thread beads onto the wire while wrapping so that the beads become wrapped around the heavy gauge wire.
6. Punch holes into the board and use a piece of wire to attach the "branches" to the board, threading the wire through the hole while wrapping.
7. Punch a hole in each top corner of the board and thread velvet ribbon through the holes. Tie a bow to create a hanger.
8. Stamp images onto the board to distress it, using metallic and black ink. Ink the edges of the board with black ink to make them more defined.
9. Coat a clothespin with spray ink and use it to clip postcards or photos to the board.
- Beads, Crystals - Connie Crystal
- Wire by Artistic Wire, Provo Craft
- Metallic Paper - American Crafts
- Paint - Americana
- Doily - Michael's Stores
- Chipboard Dress Form, Butterfly Samps - Maya Road
- Pharmacy Stamp - American Art Stamp
- Adhesive - Tombow
- ColorBox MetalExtra Inkpad, ColoBorx Fluid Chalk Inkpad in Charcoal, Smooch Glitz, Smooch Spritz in Silver Foil - Clearsnap
- Clothespin - 99 Cent Only Stores
- Washi Tape - freckledfawn.com
- Punches - Fiskars
- Kraft Cardstock - Bazzill
- Corrugated Board- Starbuck's Drink Sleeve
- Flower Button Card - French General for EK Success
- Postcards - inspirelovely.etsy.com
- Ribbon, Trim, Felt Flowers, Tags - hydrangeahippo.etsy.com