I am sure you have had similar experiences. Instead of a "stash diet" or purging and selling your stuff off for pennies on the dollar, how about you just USE it. Don't punish yourself by not allowing yourself to buy some new things. Just try to use up what you have. That is what the challenges I'll be posting are all about.
Over the next few weeks I will be posting a challenge every other Sunday, featuring one product that you likely have in your stash that you are to use up! I'll feature 10 different supplies. Got ideas or requests? Please share them in the comments section below!
The goal is to get some layouts done, use up some of your stash, and make room to buy the new goodies that will be coming out this Spring. I want challenge you to use ONE supply from your stash during each two week period. All the layouts you make during that two week period should somehow incorporate that ONE supply. I know not everyone scrapbooks every day so that is why I am having it be a two week long period.
1. Create as many layouts, cards or projects using that week's featured product (for example, rub-ons).
2. Upload your layouts, cards or projects to an online gallery or your blog. Please be honest and only post items you made during the two weeks ; ) I encourage you to use these projects/layouts in other challanges as well and will try to post challenges that are coming up so you can easily participate in multiples.
3. Post a link to your layouts, cards or projects using Mr Linky (it will show up at the bottom of each challenge post).
4. Get stuff done, use your stash, and feel good about it!
Challenge 1: Ribbon
2. Upload your layouts, cards or projects that you created featuring RIBBON to an online gallery or blog.
3. Post a link to your layouts, cards or projects on this blog post using Mr Linky (it will show up at the bottom of this blog post) by Saturday January 23, 2010 by Midnight PST.
If you don't get your layout or project done in time, you can still do it. The goal is to get something done using the supplies you already have. I will post some prize opportunities as time goes on. Each time you post a comment with a link to your project you will be entered to win so make sure you post each project or layout separately. I can tell you one of the prizes right now will be a $100 gift cert to my etsy shop Hydrangea Hippo and I am working on getting more prizes. Here's a little more inspiration for you on the topic of ribbon:
Show me what you got, your ideas for using ribbon, your cool ribbons you've been hoarding, whatever. You don't have to use alot of ribbon on one page, just use it somewhere, even if it is just a ribbon tab.
Other Challenges going on this week that would work with the ribbon challenge:
KI Memories Catch Up Challenge
Bo Bunny Sketch Challenge
American Crafts 30 Minute Layout Challenge
Quickutz Diecutting Contest
I hope you'll join me for this fun adventure. Here's to getting lots of layouts done, using our stash, and making room for new goodies!!