Every year Scrapbook Royalty launches a campaign to collect handmade greeting cards for our military serving overseas called "Cards for Troops".
Here's how it works:
- You send Scrapbook Royalty blank handmade cards
- Scrapbook Royalty sends them to the troops serving overseas (usually in combat zones)
- The troops fill out the cards with a message for their loved ones and send them home in time for the holidays
Here's all the details for submitting your cards to our
Cards For Troops Campaign this year:
- Cards must come with envelopes. Tip: buy the envelopes first and make the cards to fit inside.
- Cards should be shipped with the back of the card inside the envelope and the front of the card outside the envelope (half in, half out). This makes it easier for them to look at the cards, to choose which they like and helps keep the envelopes together with the macthing card. If you get creative and there is not a way to put the cards 1/2 in and 1/2 out, then please ship them in clear bags, or envelopes so they don't get separated. Tip: www.clearbags.com sells clear envelopes that are inexpensive and a great way to send us your cards.If you buy from them and enter our group code CP1010, they will donate 5% of your purchases to Royalty.
- Cards should be rectangle and up to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 will ship for regular postage. Tip: square envelopes cost extra to send.
- If you decorate the front with 3d embellishments or chunky glitter, it helps to include a blank piece of paper to place on the front of the cards to protect it when shipping.
Sunday, NOVEMBER 15, 2009
Do you make cards with other themes? Send them on over! We'll be collecting cards on any theme all year long--think Birthday, Love, Father, Mother, Family, Easter, 4th of July, Grandparents' Day... and sending them to the troops as each holiday approaches. Send your cards anytime, following the guidelines above.